Friday, March 16, 2007

Rainy Days and Grandma & Grandpa Visit


Rainy days are a rarity around here so Nate and I took advantage of having the rain occur on one of my days off. We headed out to Balboa Park to spend the morning at "Kid City" in the Ruben H. Fleet Science Center. While we waited for it to open, Nate tried out his new umbrella and raincoat that have been sitting untouched. He wasn't too sure about the rain at first but quickly liked the sound it made on the roof of his umbrella. He loves the Science Center and we had a great time exploring the "Grossology" expedition. Nate liked using the burp maker. He already thinks that kind of thing is really funny! We then came home for a nap and an afternoon of puddle stomping. Now he is addicted to wearing his frog boots and searching for puddles. He can put them on all by himself. Luckily a neighbor washed their car a few weeks ago and we found puddles to splash in. I have a feeling I am going to have to pull the hose out and create our own puddles often now.


Grandma and Grandpa came to visit and Grandma managed to get up early so they arrived in San Diego in plenty of time to go have fun before Nate had to nap. Suzanne, Brian, Nate and I met them at the zoo and we had a great time exploring. Nate know lots of animal signs now and gets very excited. I spend much of the time pushing an empty stroller since he wants to walk or have Grandpa carry him. Mommy's zoo rule, "Walk or Ride" goes out the window when Grandpa or Auntie Suzanne and Brian are around. We had a great visit and was nice to be able to go out and do something fun!


Nate in one of his new t-shirts from Grandpa. Very appropriate!



I have been working a lot the past 3 weeks paying back some owed days and we have all been exhausted...but since that is the likelyhood for next year now, I guess we had better get used to it. Nate has been getting lots of quality daddy time on Saturday morning as my training runs have gotten longer. I enjoy watching them play together and am glad they are getting time to themselves in addition to family time.



Nate and I spent a nice morning with Stephanie and Lowelly at the beach a few weekends ago and then Bob and I took him last weekend...he is going to be a whole different kid than last summer. He loves running around, digging, and splashing. He still doesn't always like having sand on his hands or feet...just like Auntie Suzanne...but he has figured out how to dust it off.


He is also saying more and more words..cat, cookie, mine, bowl, here you go, GO, cheese, and LOTS of jabbering to his toys. His favorite show is Zaboomafoo, an animal show, he loves playing soccer and with his t-ball set, and he can't seem to own enough trucks, cars, or planes. He continues to be a dare devil and had a nice bonk on his head to prove it a few weeks ago from a fall at daycare. He falls down for fun, like a stunt man, and even when it hurts it does not seem to phase him for long...if at all. He is starting to dance more and more, and it is hilarious. I am still trying to capture it on video.















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your pictures and stories are great! I feel like I am still getting to him grow up even though I haven't seen him often!