Monday, February 18, 2008

Oh, How Time Flies!


Well, I can't believe I haven't posted on here since Oct. Life has been a whirlwind! Our home computer is about done and that is where I have everything saved, so I only get on Bob's computer these days to check email and look at what is available in the housing market. So...let's see???


October flew by with the October wildfires that ravaged communities around us (although beach communties dealt with little more than lots of smoke and ash). During that week, schools were closed and I was able to confirm my suspision that I might be pregnant. We celebrated Halloween with a short walk up the alley pathway to Greg's house to trick-or-treat with "Fireguy Nate" and then Grammy came for a weekend visit to start of Novemeber. I am sure I am now forgetting TONS of stuff...oh well.

November was busy with the birth of my niece, Morelia on Nov. 12, a Girl's Night reunion trip to San Francisco the next weekend, and Thanksgiving the following weekend. My sister was a trooper with a 36 hour labor, but mom and baby came out great. Suzanne and I were up for the weekend and were glad our niece decided to arrive before we had to return home. We had a blast in San Francisco, I only wish my stomach hadn't been so quesy so I could have enjoyed more of the food! Thanksgiving was spent at my house hosted by Suzanne and myself, and my parents, Cristina and the baby, Lowell, her mom and aunt, Bob, Brian, and Nate of course were there too. We had way too much food, AGAIN! but it was fun. I let my family know about my pregnancy and all were excited to hear the news. Then a few more weeks of school to finish my first trimester and wow! December was here!!!


Nate is LOVING daycare, although we have had a few biting incidents (he has been the biter) and that is awkward. But overall, it has been such a good switch and he is practicing sharing and getting along with other kids his age. He likes to help out with everything and his language has continued to blossom. He basically never stops talking!!! It was nice to have a break from school and get to spend some quality time with Nate, although I did have him stay at daycare my first week off so I could clean, Christmas shop, and pamper myself a little. We spent Christmas at my parents house the weekend before Christmas and to celebrate my mom's birthday. Nate was spoiled rotten, of course, and Popah and Momom got him a train table with all the fixins. We spent Christmas Eve at our little cabin in Julian that we rented last year and had a nice time. It is very peaceful and relaxing. Nate was thrilled that Santa found him there and came out in the morning exclaiming, "Oh my, Oh my!!!" to all that he saw. This was the Transportation Christmas and all he wanted was a HUGE rocket ship. That took some work!!! In the end, he got lots of rocketships, trains, cars, and a scooter. He got a big car track rug for his room from Grammy and Grandpop, which he has grown to really love and a train table with all the fixings from Popah and Momom! New Years wasn't too eventful, but we spent a nice evening and dinner with the Starrs and were home by 9 pm. Life with a toddler...it takes too long to get back on track if we get too off schedule so we were fine with our quiet New Years Eve.


Then January hit and we were back to work and in the swing of things. I hardly had time to think about being pregnant and started to feel a bit better overall. Everyone at Nate's daycare got hit by a nasty high fever bug, so a few weekends of not feeling great and rainy days made for a long and uneventful month. I finally let everyone at work know I was pregant once I was about 17 weeks along. Good thing too, because shortly after that, I my clothes all started getting tight and my belly popped out quite a bit. We attended our good friends Mark and Nancy's daughter, Eva's, 2nd birthday at the end of the month and we excited to hear that they too are expecting, due only one month after us. Nate and Eva are such good friends, it will be fun to see the two new ones grow up together as well!


February has come and is almost gone in a flash! Nate had taken to sneaking out to the couch in the middle of the night and then it got earlier and earlier. He never tried to come into our room, but he wasn't sleeping as well and was tired and grumpy. We had a few rough nights where we had to lock the door on him to emphasize that we meant it when we said he had to stay in bed. After crying for 20 minutes he usually said he was done and we could crack the door the way he likes it. I made a sticker chart for him and he now earns stickers for going to bed without a fuss, staying in his bed, and sleeping until 6:30! 2 out of 3 isn't too bad! When he gets 15 he earns a small prize. He loves it and it seems to be working. Funny kid!!! We are still working on potty training...well, sort of...Nate is good about getting out of the bath to go and goes through phases when he is interested in trying to go on the potty, but we aren't pushing him too much. I think we will work on it a little more actively over Spring Break. But, I have heard if they aren't interested and ready, then they just aren't. So, we'll see! It would be great to have him out of diapers by time our new arrival gets here!

We had our sonogram on Friday, Feb. 15 and found out that we will be having a baby girl! We are very excited, although for some reason I just assummed I was having another boy, so it took a little while to sink in. But one of each is a perfect way to round off our little family...I think 2 will be fine! We are now looking into buying a house and trying to become a bit more knowledgable before we contact someone to start really looking. But, I have Spring Break in a couple of weeks and I think we are going to try to get things rolling. We are already pretty tight in our little home, so one more will be quite a squeeze! Grammy is coming into town next weekend and we are excited to see her again. Nate will talk her ear off!!!


WHEW!!!! I think that wraps up what I can remember, at least at this point. I will try to be better about posting. I hope that all of you are doing well!










No comments: